Wall Mirrors to Suite Every Style
7 Tips for Decorating With Wall Mirrors
What's the height of fashion? That depends on how high up you hang your wall mirror. You'll look your level best with our traditional, rustic, and modern wall mirrors.
1. A frameless wall mirror is no borderless slab of glass. In fact, our frameless wall mirrors section includes some of our most decorative designs, with artistic borders featuring glass-encased metal, Art Deco grooves, baroque Italian flourishes, and simple beveled edges.
2. Modernist design was a motley movement - one reason why a modern wall mirror works in both swank and minimalist interiors. Our eclectic modern wall mirrors range from familiar styles such as Art Deco and mid-century retro to compelling oddities such as industrial geometry or abstract rustic.
3. Decorators love the architecturally inspired shapes, aged finishes, and strong material textures of traditional wall mirrors. Look for distinctive frames with arches or crown molding, unique materials such as woven faux leather or hemp, and distressed metals such as antiqued silver, rustic bronze, and aged copper.
4. Until about the 17th century, mirrors were luxury decorations too expensive for mass ownership. Ornate wall mirrors are opulent symbols of the mirror's aristocratic past - the perfect furnishings for lovers of ornamental excess.
5. Venice, the famed city of canals, was also famous for its "bulls-eye" girandole mirrors and colorful Murano glasswork. That legacy lives on through Venetian wall mirrors, distinguished by the extraordinary sculptural detailing of their 16th and 17th century styles.
6. A rustic wall mirror is a beautiful homage to nature's materials and textures, and a strong accent piece for interiors in need of warmth and character. Materials such as slate, rattan, birch bark, and reclaimed wood give rustic wall mirrors an unusually palpable presence.
7. With its brilliant colors and fun shape, a kids wall mirror is the most playful one of all. Our kids wall mirrors include small wall mirrors for prep and play as well as neon kids wall mirrors for creative bedroom decorating.
8. All hail the rectangle! Wall mirrors in a rectangular shape - be it vertical or horizontal - remain by far the most popular for home decorating. From four inches to four feet, our rectangular wall mirrors offer a width for any wall.
9. The egg-like oval is a smart choice for in-between sorts of wall spaces, easily carrying the eye from one side to another. Our oval wall mirrors include minimalist borders and ornate frames for customized decorating effectiveness.
10. Round wall mirrors - or circular wall mirrors for you geometry enthusiasts - are ideal for compositional displays. A round wall mirror could "dot the I" above a display table, or enhance the glow of nearby ambient lighting.